Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankfulness




Thankful for life...

Thanksgiving day on the ship is always wonderful... and with so many nationalities onboard, we get to celebrate Thanksgiving more than once in a year, as each country’s day of thankfulness is observed.  
Around 4pm I was working in my room on some computer projects, and my pager went off. Apparently there was a patient in surgery who suddenly needed a lot more blood than they had originally planned on and since I carry a pager, and am relatively easy to locate, I was summoned right away. I’ve been wanting to donate blood ever since I first came on the ship, and I was finally a match. 



look, it's me in a bag

On a selfish note, I was super excited to have donated on that day because now I had the excuse to eat whatever I wanted of thanksgiving dinner, because I simply had to tank up after donating blood, right? Somehow the amazing galley staff managed to pull off a Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. We had turkey, potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, and apple crisp that I got to
 help make the night before. 



In typical ship style, I celebrated Thanksgiving with my American twin, a Canadian, and a Kiwi, just cause we’re nice like that and like to share our holidays =)





1 Thessalonians 5:18
 'In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you'

No comments:

Post a Comment