Hi y'all. Wow, what a trip! The flight from Brussels on Friday was cancelled and rescheduled for Saturday, I finally arrived on the ship around midnight last night after a very exciting water taxi ride across the bay from the airport. Now I'm trying to adjust to the time zone, heat, and the constant rocking of the boat...don't feel sick, but I feel like I'm going to fall over all the time. (no comments about being a dizzy blonde allowed =)
We hit the ground running tomorrow with the big Mercy Ship screening day downtown at the football stadium. There are hundreds of sick and disabled people and their families that are traveling to the stadium to see if the ship can do anything to help them. Please pray that the doctors would have wisdom in deciding who they are able to help. Please also pray for those that the ship simply doesn't have time or capabilities to help, and who will be turned away. The weather here is in the high 80s and very humid. There is a nice breeze coming off the ocean, so it is cooler on the ship.
I can't really put into words what it was like to finally set foot on African soil and to see the ship for the first time. All I can say is God is faithful and good, and has given me the desire of my heart. I know the next weeks will be challenging and inspiring at the same time. I will try to update frequently and share pictures. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. Miss you all but I know I'm right where I'm supposed to be!!
wow! Such a blessing! Praying for you always!!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for what God is going to do in and through you during this season!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are in for an exciting start. Praying for you - Ephesians 3:14-21
ReplyDeletehttp://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+3%3A14-21&version=NIV#fen-NIV-29267a
ReplyDeleteis the link to
Ephesians 3:14-21
It's a beautiful prayer. And we all pray it for Nurse Mel :-) <3
Thanks Tim for mentioning the Bible reference :-)