Wednesday, March 30, 2011

worth a thousand words...

Several weeks ago, there were a bunch of kids and their caregivers that came from a northern province to have surgery on the ship to fix their little feet and legs. Those kids have had their surgeries and left to return home today, leaving a little hole in my heart.  It was hard to see them go, but I know God has special plans for each one of these precious kids and I'm truly grateful to have known them for even a couple weeks.
When the kids arrived, they were quiet and apprehensive as some of them had never seen the ocean before, or been on a ship, or felt air conditioning. As the days past, they blossomed in to smiling, giggling, playful 100% kids. So, I thought I'd share some pictures of their time here...these kids are absolute treasures and will always have a special place in my heart!
(p.s. none of these pictures are mine, they were all taken by MS photographers)












Matthew 19:14 "Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
1 Corinthians 2:9 "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him."




3 comments:

  1. oh. wow. they are adorable!!!
    I'm so glad I found your blog - I'll love reading about what your doing in Africa, and what God's doing in you! I miss you dearly! (especially your radiant, contageous smile, and every-ready hug!)
    Love you!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing what you are doing and all the pictures. How precious the children are! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete